Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Advice for Young Makers (MAKE Magazine)

Mark Frauenfelder of Boing Boing asked me if I had some advice for young makers, for a special summer edition of MAKE Magazine. He asked for a short little blurb, but I ended up giving him more than what he had asked for, covering some of the basics of what I do for fun and for work. I often get emails regarding how to draw, hack, modify, make, and where and how to start. So this is a good central place for sharing my basic principles of making stuff. Special thanks to Gareth Branwyn of MAKE Magazine, for allowing me to post this free here for all to read. Here is the article, along with some Skylanders art:



There are a TON of cool projects in this issue, I think this may be my favorite MAKE issue ever. There are tons of cool and cleaver projects to make with kids, I am planning on doing a few of these with my son this summer. Take a look at the table of contents below:



Get the magazine here:

Digital copy:

Also at Maker Faire, I was interviewed by Gareth and Mark, for the Maker Faire live stream. I talked a bit more about how being a DIY maker really helped in my part of making of Skylanders. I'll post the video in the future if I manage to track it down, stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment